Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Top NBA Players - by twitter followers

I really dont have any idea of how advertising companies decide on the price for certain celebrities. Because its very hard to measure the direct relationship to the sales and to derive an ROI. Also Im not sure if any celebrity with enormous following can make a big impact. I did data collection for fun to see who is actually more popular in Twitter and have more following. I used infochimps rest api calls to get the aggregated information and formatted files to make it readable by Tableau. (used Python for ETL).. seems like SHAQ even after out of the league has a greater fan following than active player.. I havent included Kobe and Rose.. and I tried my best to get the official ids of each player..


No comments:

Post a Comment